Stage Acting Course
Delivered by professionals of the theatre industry, our Acting classes includes the most successful methods and techniques to improve your skills and presence on stage. From Stanislavski to Alexander, through physical expression and improvisation work, you will learn how to break down a monologue, pace your dialogue, build your character, find the true emotions and intentions in yourself, as well as widen your repertoire of expressions and work on natural reactivity.
This course has been especially designed for Stage Actors and Musical Theatre Performers.
We believe in creating strong and truthful actors.
LVBA training provides students with the skills to reach truthful performances throughout a wide range of characters and situations.
Our mission is before all to give our students the skills they’ll need to become professionals of the theatre industry.
Know the ‘why’
We believe that, on stage, ‘What you do”, (ie. facial expression, intonation, reaction or gesture), is irrelevant unless you know “why” you are doing it. ‘Why’ does my character say this line? Why those words? Why this reaction. If you know the ‘why’ ‘what’ must be done follows and creates a more natural and truthful acting.
‘Acting is not faking’.
We believe that Acting is a true act of life placed in a fictional environment.
The second main core of our method is what we call the “natural reactivity“. In real life, we all react naturally and impulsively to situations. Actors are able to reproduce that same impulsive and ‘natural reactivity’ in a scripted environment.
Delivered by Director/Producer Loic Valmy, this course includes:
- Acting Foundations,
- Diction & Articulation,
- Vocal Intonations,
- Physical Theatre,
- Scene work (solo and in groups)
Next Term starts:
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
- Introduction to Stanislavski, Meisner, Strasberg, Alexander and Adler
- What is Acting? Is ACTING faking?
- Characterisation and Scenography
- Study of Human emotions and expressions (Psychology)
- Study of Human Communication principles
- Breaking down your text (Monologue, Dialogue, Phrasing, Emphasis and Intent)
- Acting is about the “why”, not the “how”
- Discipline & Professionalism
- and much more…
- Diction and Articulation
- Phrasing and emphasis
- Creative expression and reactive emotions
- Work on Sense memory and Justification
- Work your characterisation (background and justification)
- Improvisation and Scenes work
- Work on true emotions and natural reactivity
- Physical Expressions (Space, Time, Breathe, Gravity, Behaviour, Gestures)
- Risk taking, become a bold actor
- Build-up your Stage presence
- Prepare your audition(s)
- and much more…
Masterclasses & Showcase
Every Month, professionals from the industry, producers, directors and professional actors come to our online or live Masterclasses to share their experience with our students.
At the end of the year, our students have the opportunity to show their progresses and talent during a public showcase in a venue of Brisbane.
For those who want to add more skills to their craft and increase their opportunities of landing contracts.
- Vocal Training – 2 hours a week
- Instrument (Piano or guitar) – ½ hour a week
- Ballet – 1.5 hour a week
- Tap dance – 1 hour a week
- Hip-Hop – 1 hour a week
What our students say:
“I highly recommend LVBA Acting course for anyone who has professional ambitions. Real trainers, real training, the real deal!
“I wasn’t sure what to expect but LVBA delivered much more than whatever I was expecting. I learn so much about acting, stage craft but also so much about myself. A fantastic journey. Thanks LVBA!”
Course Detail & Price
Class duration: per week
Weekly Payment: $ (upon application)
*Price includes uniform, course material, student pack and exercises / Enrolment fee applies
Next Term starts:
You might also like…
Unleash your voice and learn the best vocal techniques
Especially designed for actors and singers, complete your training in Musical Theatre
The best way to connect body and expressions.